You have the right to pray.
When Islam Is Not a Religion: Inside America’s Fight for Religious Freedom
The Freedom Forum’s Religious Freedom Center and the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding host a celebration of the publication of Asma Uddin’s “When Islam Is Not a Religion: Inside America’s Fight for Religious Freedom.” The event kicks off with Uddin in conversation with Tom Gjelten of NPR, followed by a panel discussion among leaders from diverse faith communities.
- Asma Uddin, author, "When Islam Is Not a Religion," Freedom Forum fellow for religious liberty, visiting scholar at Brigham Young University Law School and a nonresident fellow at Georgetown University and the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Tom Gjelten, religion and belief correspondent, NPR.
- Dalia Mogahed, director of research, Institute for Social Policy and Understanding.
- Kevin Singer, co-founder of Neighborly Faith.
- Jaideep Singh, scholar and activist.
- Steven Waldman, author, "Sacred Liberty: America's Long, Bloody and Ongoing Struggle for Religious Freedom," president and co-founder, Report for America.