- This event has passed.
You Mean I Can’t What? Religious Freedom in Difficult Times
April 7, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm EDTFree
In times of COVID-19, many people have questions about their religious freedom rights versus government intervention. Some communities are grappling with concerns about the separation of church and state. This webinar is a dialogue for people like you to understand the difficult decisions houses of worship face during stay-at-home mandates and what that means for religious freedom.
- Maggie Garrett, vice president for public policy at Americans United for Separation of Church and State.
Twitter handle: @AmericansUnited
- Charles Watson, Jr., director of education at Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty (BJC) and interfaith leader.
Twitter handle: @BJConthehill
- Richard Foltin, senior scholar at the Religious Freedom Center and former director of national and legislative affairs, American Jewish Committee (AJC).
Twitter handle: @rfoltin
- Mandisa Thomas, president and founder of Black Nonbelievers.
Twitter handle: @mandy0904 @BNonbelievers
- Lata Nott, Freedom Forum fellow and First Amendment expert (moderator).
Twitter handle: @latanott
This webinar was made possible by generous support from the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations and the Henry Luce Foundation.