Workplace Integrity: Do You Qualify as an Ally?
Monday, Jun 12 @ 1 pm - 2 pm EDT
Join the Freedom Forum’s Power Shift Project team for a free one-hour Workplace Integrity webinar that provides practical insights for men who want to be allies to women, people of privilege who want to do more to fight inequity, and powerful individuals who want to be better advocates for change.
In the “Do You Qualify as an Ally?” webinar, you will learn:
- Why being an ally right now — during a period of reckoning on racial justice and the ongoing pandemic — is more important than ever
- How to have courageous conversations with the right words at the right time
- How to keep bias from finding its way into decision making
- Why micro-aggressions aren’t really so “micro” — and how to stop them
- How to address the burden of “invisible work” that can harm underrepresented staff
- Real-world situations in which newsroom allies made a difference for their colleagues — and created better journalism, too
Instructor: Francisco Vara-Orta of Investigative Reporters & Editors
Contact Power Shift Project program manager Nicole Thompson at [email protected] if you have questions or visit powershiftproject.org.