Celebrating the First Amendment and 30 Years of the Freedom Forum
July 22 @ 6:00 pm EDTFree
The Freedom Forum marks its 30th anniversary with a special program spotlighting the organization’s major efforts fostering First Amendment freedoms for all over the past three decades.
July 4, 2021 marks the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Freedom Forum.
Journalists, educators, advocates and leaders will discuss how the Freedom Forum has guided their work and how it has educated the nation’s citizens about their fundamental freedoms.
The program will focus on some of the Freedom Forum’s major initiatives including the Newseum, the Religious Freedom Center, the Journalists Memorial, NewseumED, the Al Neuharth Free Spirit and Journalism Conference and the Chips Quinn Scholars Program for Diversity in Journalism.
- Kristina Arriaga, former vice-chair, United States Commission on International Religious Freedom
- Diane Foley, president and founder, James W. Foley Legacy Foundation
- Michael Freedman, senior vice president and journalist in residence, University of Maryland Global Campus
- Alberto Ibargüen, president and CEO, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Rick Rojas, national correspondent, The New York Times
Host: Orage Quarles III, Freedom Forum trustee and former president and publisher of The News & Observer.