Coordinator/Facilities Operations & Services
Status: Regular Full-Time
Reports to: Vice President/Facilities Operations & Services
Prepared: August 2023
Facilities Operations & Services Coordinator provides support for facilities operations and the day-to-day operations of facilities.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist primarily with the overall daily operations of the Laurel Support Center and other facilities as needed
- Ensure building systems are working and administer repairs of systems as needed; contact vendors for immediate repairs
- Inspect the building for issues and report to VP of Facilities Operations and Services
- Facilitate a safe, clean and quiet environment, including maintaining fire and life safety equipment, elevator inspections, supporting trainings for life safety and evacuation drills
- Coordinate facilities services, including cleaning, pest control and housekeeping
- Coordinate outside vendors (such as those used for office supplies, beverages, bottled water)
- Assist facility manager with scheduling room reservations for staff, update Laurel Support Center calendar
- Ensure daily operation and overall maintenance of office equipment
- Retrieve and distribute mail, packages and deliveries
- Coordinate equipment inventory and supplies
- Assist with tracking workflow and activities into the comprehensive calendar
- Assist with the operation of access control system, security and climate alarms
- Assist with security, including issuing access badges to staff, monitoring security calendars
- Coordinate and give updates at weekly support center meeting
- Maintain (registration and maintenance) and operate company vehicles for various tasks
- Transport equipment and staff when requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, pro-active and ability to pivot quickly
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiar with document and artifact security a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience in operations and facilities coordination or relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Salary Range: $65K - $67K
Location: Laurel, MD and Washington, DC. This is an on-site position.
Please email your application to [email protected] with a cover letter, resume and three references.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.