- This event has passed.
Workplace Integrity: Do You Qualify as an Ally? (Especially Now)
November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ESTFree
Join the Power Shift Project’s Jill Geisler for a free Workplace Integrity webinar that provides practical insights for men who want to be allies to women, people of privilege who want to do more to fight inequity and powerful individuals who want to be better advocates for change.
In the “Do You Qualify as an Ally” webinar, you will learn:
- Why being an ally right now — during a period of reckoning on racial justice and the ongoing pandemic — is more important than ever.
- How to have courageous conversations with the right words at the right time
- How to keep bias from finding its way into decision making
- Why micro-aggressions aren’t really so “micro” — and how to stop them
- How to address the burden of “invisible work” that can harm underrepresented staff
- Real-world situations in which newsroom allies made a difference for their colleagues — and created better journalism, too
Jill Geisler is the Freedom Forum’s fellow in Women’s Leadership and the Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity at Loyola University Chicago. She is an internationally recognized expert in leadership and management and the person news organizations reach out to when their managers need solutions, skills and inspiration. A master teacher with deep roots in journalism, Jill designs and delivers programs in the Freedom Forum’s Power Shift initiative, including its highly regarded Workplace Integrity curriculum.
About the Power Shift Project
The Freedom Forum’s Power Shift Project is an industry-wide initiative designed to enhance the quality and future of journalism by improving the diversity, equality and culture of news organizations. The Power Shift Project was launched in January 2018 as a response to concerns about sexual misconduct in media organizations and as a catalyst for change to create safer, more equal and diverse newsrooms — and better journalism.