- This event has passed.
Navigating Freedom in a Multi-Religious Democracy (Session 2)
July 23, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EDTFree
The world of work brings young professionals into environments that are more diverse than ever before. Religious diversity is one of the workplace realities that both challenge and reward those experiencing it.
To empower young adults, including university students, for this dimension of their new careers, the Religious Freedom Center of the Freedom Forum will present a series of three virtual workshops with valuable information about religion and religious freedom today. Participants will deepen their understanding and sharpen their skills to navigate and lead in our multi-religious democracy.
Session 2: The Promises and the Limits of Religious Freedom
- What is Religious Freedom?
- How Do We Experience It? Where is the Tension?
Panel discussion moderated by Sabrina Dent, D.Min., fellow, Religious Freedom Center, featuring:
- Teresa Smallwood, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
- Harmeet Kamboj, Sikh American
- Rogiérs, Black Nonbelievers
- The Rev. Robin Anderson, Commonwealth Baptist Church, Alexandria, Va.
- Hurunnessa Fariad, All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) Center, Sterling, Va.
- What is Christian Nationalism and Why is There So Much Talk about It?
The Rev. Jennifer Hawks, BJC
- Discussion: Implications for Future Leaders
This webinar was made possible by generous support from The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations.