Georgia 3Rs Digital Summer Institute
July 15 - July 17Free
The Georgia Rights, Responsibility and Respect (3Rs) Project is proud to announce our second Summer Institute for teachers. Join us digitally as we dive deep into how to teach about religion academically, constitutionally, and compellingly in public schools. Each day will feature a three-hour workshop on one of our core competencies: religious freedom, religious literacy and civil dialogue.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn from experts as they explore three brand new resources from the Georgia 3Rs Project and learn how to incorporate the disciplinary skills and tools of religious studies into their classrooms through Inquiry Design Models and activities. Educators will come away with resources and practical strategies to ensure they can confidently teach about religion in a way that aligns with the First Amendment and fosters an environment of civil dialogue in the classroom.
Join us at the Georgia 3Rs Summer Institute to:
- Increase professional competence related to the disciplinary concepts and tools of religious studies as an academic discipline.
- Increase personal confidence in teaching about religion in constitutionally appropriate ways that engage students to think critically.
- Learn strategies for addressing conflict and practicing civil dialogue around controversial topics in the classroom.
- Develop working relationships with leading religious studies subject matter experts and curricular resource providers.
- 12 professional development hours
- Resources on the academic study of religion in public schools, including three brand new classroom resources:
- Inquiry Design Model – Religious Freedom
- Inquiry Design Model – Religious Literacy
- Poster + 8 Classroom Activities – Civil Dialogue
The Georgia 3Rs Digital Summer Institute is free to registered participants.
Workshops start at 9:30 a.m. EDT
Made possible with generous support from:
Andrew and Julie Klingenstein Family Fund
Cecil B. Day Foundation
The CF Foundation
Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
The Cousins Foundation
David, Helen and Marian Woodward Fund
H. English and Ermine Carter Robinson Foundation
Templeton Religion Trust