Reports to: Chief Outreach Officer
Status: Full-time Regular
Prepared: July 2022
The Freedom Forum works to raise awareness of First Amendment freedoms through education, advocacy and action with a vision of an America where everyone knows, understands, values and defends the freedoms of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition.
The position, which reports to the Chief Outreach Officer, is a highly motivated relationship-builder who will take the lead to develop and sustain our network of high level partnerships to further advance our mission to foster First Amendment freedoms for all. This is a full-time, remote position.
- High Level Partnerships: You will open doors, establish relationships, and build a vibrant community of partners (corporations, celebrities, non-profits, civic organizations, etc.) who are passionate about the Freedom Forum’s mission to protect First Amendment freedoms. You’ll engage and advise our partners so they understand and want to support our work for the long term, and work with them to identify creative ways to sponsor the Freedom Forum’s work that are meaningful and lasting.
- Strategic Planning: You will oversee and lead our long-term strategic partnerships plan, including developing programs and materials needed, and come up with creative ways to engage our partners for years to come.
- Identify Opportunities for Engagement: You will work across Freedom Forum departments to identify opportunities to engage existing and prospective partners. You’ll stay abreast of current needs and oversee improvements to internal systems and external-facing processes related to partner experience.
In this role, you will develop and execute the partnerships strategy for the Freedom Forum and represent the organization to external partners and stakeholders. You will own projects from start to finish, jump in and propose solutions and options, and bring ambition, creativity, and passion to this work. You should have:
- Passion for protecting the First Amendment. You must possess a commitment to non-partisanship and ideological diversity and be able to embrace working with all types of people.
- Track record of securing corporate partnerships or other high-profile grasstops or celebrity support. You know what it takes to build relationships with big names in the corporate and entertainment worlds, and have experience making pitches and securing significant commitments, whether financial, marketing, events or other forms of support.
- Commitment to cultivating and sustaining relationships. You will build on existing relationships and cultivate partnerships with new stakeholders, particularly corporate partners, and will create opportunities for involvement.
- Ability to analyze, track, and report on partnership strategies to prioritize constituencies, pilot and test new ways to engage; develop appropriate metrics for evaluating our partnership efforts. You know how to create systems and structures that foster alignment and collaboration around both big goals and essential details.
- Strong Team Management Skills and Experience. You can motivate a high-performing team and be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment. You have a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple, complex projects in varying stages of development under time constraints.
- Excellent Communication Skills. You have stellar written and verbal communication skills and a basic understanding to support social media strategies. Comfortable using the Office 365 suite, including collaborating on documents in SharePoint, communicating and scheduling with a team in Outlook calendar and email.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.