Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application deadline: Aug. 15, 2020
The Freedom Forum is a national nonprofit organization that fosters First Amendment freedoms for all through education, advocacy and action. The best candidate for this position will join a dynamic, fast-paced and action-oriented team that is inventing new and creative ways to encourage the broad understanding and vigorous use of these fundamental freedoms by all Americans.
The work will involve collaborative brainstorming, idea generation, researching, writing, editing and fact-checking.
- A passion for the First Amendment and the Freedom Forum’s mission
- At least five years of multimedia communications experience
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Strong research skills and the ability to produce content on tight deadlines
- A portfolio that includes examples of engaging storytelling
- A self-starter who contributes original thinking and creative energy to our work, but who collaborates and understands the benefits of a good editor and critical thinking
- Experience with on-camera interviews (experience moderating programs and hosting webinars is a plus, but not a requirement)
- Active Twitter/Facebook or other social media accounts (a strong following is a plus but not a requirement)
- A track record of effectively adapting to the changing media landscape and a readiness to learn new media platforms
- A willingness to dive into First Amendment issues and a desire to help explain those complex issues to diverse audiences
- Ability to produce short videos a plus
- Journalism or public relations experience a plus
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume to the Freedom Forum Human Resources Department at: [email protected]
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.