Status: Regular, Full-Time
Reports to: Vice President, Engagement
Prepared: March 2022
Reporting to the vice president of Engagement, the Executive Producer coordinates and produces creative video content across all media platforms to support the Freedom Forum’s goals and mission. The Executive Producer will help grow and diversify the Freedom Forum’s audience through video content produced for educational and promotional purposes designed to engage people about the First Amendment.
The Executive Producer will have strong leadership skills with the proven ability to motivate those around them as well as the ability to prioritize work from multiple stakeholders and resolve roadblocks for the team. This role will manage the technical operations team and work collaboratively with program and content producers. A successful candidate will be an expert communicator, adept at engaging all levels of contributors, and working with many diverse types of creative professionals and creative outputs.
Freedom Forum embraces flexible ways of working that enable staff to maximize performance and productivity and maintain work-life balance over the long term to deliver on its mission.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- Researches, develops, and produces videos and other visual stories for Freedom Forum events, programs, web and social networks, marketing and more.
- Coordinates and consults across strategic teams on video needs with ultimate execution of videos that tell compelling stories about the First Amendment, from short documentary stories about First Amendment award winners to creative explainers about complex First Amendment topics.
- Oversees live production of key in-person, virtual and hybrid programs.
- Collaborates on all stages of creative productions with the creative and technical production groups (whether in-house or freelance) managing projects through the entire lifecycle: concept, planning, creative, production, delivery, and wrap to ensure creative vision is executed.
- Oversees and works closely with the technical operations team while working collaboratively across departments.
- Collaborates with senior leaders across the Freedom Forum to ensure cohesive messaging, streamlined production and cross-promoting content.
- Ensures the output for all projects matches the respective creative and brand vision for each and is delivered at the highest quality standards.
- Collaborates with the strategic operations team to manage production schedules, budgets, timelines and other areas relating to video production.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and best practices to assure organization maintains a cutting-edge and forward-looking video product in all areas.
- Has the ability to coach talent/guests to elicit the best on-camera presence.
- Some travel required for key shoots, programs and events.
- Seven or more years as an Executive Producer or lead role in video production
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, journalism, or similar field.
- Proven track record creating videos that move, motivate, and promote; ideally doing so for nonprofit organizations.
- Proven results in video and digital content production including pre-production, shooting, editing, audio, and graphics/titling.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and take direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
- Capacity to problem-solve under deadline pressure and adapt to rapidly changing production and editorial content environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of the organization as well as to external collaborators.
- Understanding of the digital and social media landscape and how to use visual storytelling to connect to different audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, supervising, providing work direction, coaching and developing staff.
Please email your application to [email protected] with a cover letter, resume and three references.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.