Status: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Vice President of Development
The development coordinator is part of the Outreach Team (comprised of marketing, communications and development). The coordinator handles administrative functions for the entire team. The coordinator is responsible for coordinating, processing, and managing accurate donation receipts and acknowledgements, and ensuring that they are appropriately recorded in the organization’s customer relations management system (CRM). Additionally, this position works with the Finance Team to provide necessary gift coding information and reconcile monthly revenue reports. This position reports to the vice president of development.
- Process donations as well as all other gifts in the Raiser’s Edge database, including payroll deductions
- Writes and prepares gift and sponsorship stewardship reports
- Partners closely with the outreach, engagement and content teams to ensure compliance with gift agreements and sponsorships.
- Serves as the liaison between the Outreach Team and the Finance Team for accurate reconciliation of gifts
- Prepares financial, donor and membership reporting
- Manages wealth screenings and research tools for the team
- Administer member and donor benefits and acknowledgement fulfillment
- Produce and adjust the Weekly Gift Reports
- Manage constituents in Raiser’s Edge Database (CRM)
- Manage and oversee the hiring, training and supervision of 1-2 interns per semester (currently on hold during Covid-19)
- Develop strategies focused on retention of existing members by creating and implementing a strategic, competitive and sustainable initiatives to drive giving
- Prepare payment requests, check requests and expense reports using Ariett Touch
- Assist the vice president of development in filing charity registrations with the states
- Other duties related to the goals of the Outreach Team as assigned
Education and Experience
Background in nonprofits, foundations, finance or administration preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in non-profit, fundraising capacity or database management
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge donor database to process gifts
- Excellent database management skills
Skills and Abilities
- Agility with information management software including MS Word & Excel — ability to work with large and complex spreadsheets, and databases.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality of constituent information
- Experience with fundraising and relationship management database tools such as eTapestry, Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce or equivalent preferred
- Comfortable working in-person and remotely – engaging in video conference communications, including with supervisor and other team members
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to identify and rectify errors
The Freedom Forum is a national nonprofit organization that fosters First Amendment freedoms for all through education, advocacy and action. Committed to an ethical workplace, the Freedom Forum’s code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume (combined in one PDF as Lastname_firstname.pdf) to the Freedom Forum Human Resources Department at: [email protected]
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history — and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.