Freedom Forum seeks an Administrative Manager to support the organization’s senior leaders and Board of Trustees with projects from initiation through delivery.
The Administrative Manager provides general support to the CFO, Chief Administrative Officer & Treasurer, and the administrative team by performing a variety of responsibilities. The position also serves as manager of and liaison to the Freedom Forum’s Boards by coordinating meeting schedules, preparing Board materials and communications and other providing administrative support.
- Assist CFO, CAO, and Treasurer with managing and monitoring the review process of contractual agreements across the organization.
- Collaborate and work closely with administrative team members and assist on various projects by providing general support.
- Maintain and oversee administrative calendar.
- Manage and work closely with a variety of partners and vendors.
- Filter and forward communications to proper individuals and departments.
- Coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Manage and schedule administrative meetings, including on-site meetings.
- Audit practices to ensure best administration of department’s practices.
Finances and Operations
- Identify opportunities for cost savings, better efficiency, and other improvements.
- Assist with organizing and entering AP invoices.
- Assist VP/Operations to ensure properly maintained and secured facilities in DC and MD.
- Oversee special projects and tracking projects toward organizational goals.
- Maintain, implement, and improve technology solutions, processes and schedules that keep work flowing.
- Monitor deadlines and ensure they are met.
- Recommend policy or process changes as appropriate.
- Create, prepare, and deliver reports.
- Assist with office space relocations.
- Serve as liaison to Board of Trustees on all board and committee meetings.
- Prepare and send communications to Board as directed by CFO, CAO, and Treasurer.
- Assist CFO, CAO, and Treasurer with regular communications to Board members.
- Coordinate planning and execution of quarterly board meetings (Freedom Forum,
- Newseum and Freedom Forum Institute) and monthly Finance and Executive Committee meetings as directed by CFO, CAO, and Treasurer.
- Manage and arrange travel logistics, as needed, for Board of Trustee members and prepare other logistics for meetings.
- Process expenses and invoices related to Board.
Skillsets and Attributes
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting an executive or senior level staff in their professional duties.
- Prior experience communicating with a Board of Directors and assisting its members with the logistical aspects of their governance role.
- Professional experience implementing projects and overseeing its administrative components.
- Demonstrated history of learning and implementing an organization’s technical system to implement financial or operational tasks.
- Exceptional planning, organizing and administrative skills, specifically in establishing and maintaining procedures and processes.
- Natural problem-solver, willing to initiate and lead.
- Confidential and trustworthy.
- Sharp analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy and interpersonal skills essential.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible to respond to changing priorities.
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative and is a self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience with Diligent or other board management software a plus.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and its code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
With a mission to foster First Amendment freedoms for all and a vision of an America where everyone knows, values, and defends First Amendment freedoms, Freedom Forum works to raise awareness of First Amendment freedoms through education, advocacy, and action, sharing the stories of Americans who have exercised their rights to ignite change. Freedom Forum is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 foundation with a 36-person staff and a 12-trustee Board that has a 30-year history of encouraging the broad understanding and vigorous use of these fundamental freedoms.
Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength. Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history – and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.