Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Prepared: January 2024
Summary of Job Functions
The role of the graphic designer is to help bring to life the Freedom Forum’s mission to foster First Amendment freedoms for all while using their freedom of expression to create inspiring and uplifting print and digital design materials. The ideal candidate is an experienced graphic design professional who is a self-starter, shares an interest in promoting a broader understanding of First Amendment-related issues and can develop materials for different media.
Essential Functions/Including but not limited to:
- Designs print and digital products including social media and email graphics, website banners, advertising materials, event materials, screen graphics, business cards, stationery updates, presentation materials/templates and other internal requests.
- Creates social posts and infographics from Freedom Forum produced content.
- Understands the importance of integrated thinking across channels, products, and audiences while staying true to the brand guidelines.
- Work within our brand guidelines to create unique designs for our annual events including Free Expression Awards and 1A Fest.
- Helps to brainstorm and create merchandise products and advertisements.
- Ensure proper approval and proofreading process of all created assets.
- Supports the Digital Team’s strategies by assisting in concept development of digital banners, ads and graphics for website content, social media, events, merchandise store and overall branding.
- Can oversee creation of printed materials with various vendors from sourcing thru production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for the First Amendment and the Freedom Forum’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of 5+ years of experience in graphic communications and digital design
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Ability to work in Adobe Dreamweaver and other suite products is a plus.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative tackle new assignments and meet tight deadlines with fast turnaround times.
- Willingness and flexibility to work before/after hours and on weekends three to four times per year. Willingness to travel (domestic) up to eight times per year.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Teams and Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please email your application to [email protected] with a cover letter, resume and three references.
Location: Remote, DC-area preferred but not required
Salary range: $90,000 to $100,000 plus benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability, life experience and political perspective is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.