Chief Digital Officer
Reports to: Chair & CEO
Status: Full-time Regular
Prepared: August 2022
The Freedom Forum works to raise awareness of First Amendment freedoms through education, advocacy and action with a vision of an America where everyone knows, understands, values and defends the freedoms of religion, speech, press, assembly and petition.
The Chief Digital Officer is responsible for envisioning, organizing and overseeing the design and execution of digital outreach and marketing for the Freedom Forum as they develop strategy and manage the organization’s digital future.
The Chief Digital Officer will work with teams across the organization to generate innovative digital communications solutions and present a cohesive, unified, multi-lensed picture of the First Amendment and the Freedom Forum’s role in fostering First Amendment freedoms for all. The goal is to develop a strategy designed to reach an external audience of all 330 million Americans to ensure sustainable and continuous audience growth.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all efforts to drive the organization’s digital communications transformation strategy.
- Manage the digital presence, including overseeing the structure and upkeep of the Freedom Forum website, social media networks, all SEO strategies, Google My Business, Blackbaud services integration, User Experience, site traffic metrics and analytics, and other ongoing components of digital owned media.
- Serve as an integrator and conductor across internal and external teams, managing relationships with creative, digital and other partners.
- Ensure the strategic alignment and integration of all components, tools, platforms and specialties within a modern digital marketing strategy.
- Work closely with leadership to align voice, messaging, topic selections, prioritization of content while providing support and increasing awareness of all strategic initiatives.
- Act as a thought leader who articulates and champions the digital future of the Freedom Forum.
- Introduce new analytics reporting structures to allow teams to understand what efforts are working effectively and those that are not.
- Analyze the salability of strategic initiatives to ensure alignment to mission and objectives.
- Build digital talent and capacity in the organization through a combination of developing current staff and attracting new talent.
- Develop, manage and oversee the organization’s marketing plan and all corresponding budgets and allocations.
- Regularly measure and disseminate data on the success of all marketing and communication initiatives at everything from daily interactions with colleagues to calibrate efforts, to major annual presentations to the board of directors.
- A passion for the First Amendment and the Freedom Forum’s mission. Broad knowledge and appreciation for modern First Amendment issues.
- Proven track record of implementing successful digital marketing strategies and leading digital transformation projects, with demonstrated ability to understand, shape, manage and implement a marketing plan. Has the ability to coordinate all of the different voices involved.
- Experience leading a digital team. Effective team and staff manager, with a track record of working with internal teams and external vendors to accomplish goals.
- Proven influencing and collaboration skills. The Chief Digital Officer will work with the Freedom Forum’s Content team to facilitate internal discussions to understand how to best promote content to targeted audiences.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.