Fellow for the First Amendment
Lata Nott is a fellow for the First Amendment at the Freedom Forum, where she focuses on the intersection between technology and speech, including the relationship between voting, civic engagement and the First Amendment. From 2016 to 2020, she was executive director of the First Amendment Center at the Freedom Forum and continues to serve as a subject matter expert for the media, public and policymakers on the civic and free expression implications of existing laws, proposed legislation and tech sector policies. She previously taught as an adjunct professor at American University, specializing in communication law and the impact of press freedom on U.S. history and society. In addition to her work with the Freedom Forum, Nott also currently serves as senior legal counsel for the Campaign Legal Center, where she engages in state and federal policy work to ensure that voting is accessible for all citizens.
- Senior Legal Counsel, Campaign Legal Center
- B.A., University of California, Davis
- J.D., Columbia Law School
Articles by This Expert
In the News
- South Florida Sun Sentinel: DeSantis’ targeting of ESG could cost taxpayers, pension fund millions of dollars
- Connecticut Post: Q&A: How can Twitter ban Trump’s account?
- Voice of America: Trump's VOA Criticism Shows US-Funded News Doesn't Mean US-Approved
- The Atlantic: The Online Speech Wars
- CNN: Facebook to get tougher on anti-vaxers
- The Atlantic: The Covington Catholic Case Could Turn on ‘Actual Malice’
- CNN: The First Amendment doesn’t guarantee you the rights you think it does
- Vox: Trump complains about bias on Twitter and Google — but what can he do about it? 8 experts weigh in.